At some point in our lives there is a chance we could be affected in some way, either directly or indirectly, by problems relating to mental health.
This Practice takes mental health very seriously in the surgery and would aim to provide a comprehensive service that would range from advice and support up to long term care for those patients with severe and enduring mental health needs.
All of the doctors would be happy to discuss any emotional concerns.
Local mental health services
- Free online support and counselling are available at www.qwell.io (age 18+) or www.Kooth.com (now 18 and under – but existing users can choose to stay until 25).
- Tyneside and Northumberland Mind's support line – every day 8am to 10pm (age 16+) on 0330 174 3174 (charged at local rate)
- Togetherall - a free, anonymous online mental health community where you can safely voice your feelings and connect with others. Moderated by professionals for your safety – visit www.togetherall.com.
- If you're feeling low, anxious or stressed, you can contact Gateshead Talking Therapies on 0191 283 2541 or Talking Helps Newcastle on 0191 282 6600
- Visit 111.nhs.uk or call NHS 111 – open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for any non-emergency medical problems
- If you are feeling suicidal, phone the Samaritans on 116 123
- And of course, you can contact your GP if these options are not suitable
For hints and tips on Wellbeing and Mental Health during COVID >> Wellbeing and Mental Health during COVID-19
There are a number of resources and sources of support available both locally. Below are some of the services that are available:
MIND – leading mental health charity in England and Wales. https://www.tynesidemind.org.uk/
Tyneside and Northumberland Mind Wellbeing Centre Dunsmuir Grove Bensham Gateshead NE8 4QL. Telephone: 0191 477 4545 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SAMARITANS – provide confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide. https://samaritans.org/ Telephone: 116 123
GIVE US A SHOUT This is the first 24/7 test message service,this is free on all major networks but for more information speak to your provider or check the give us a shout website. This is a place you can contact if you are struggling and need immediate help. https://www.giveusashout.org/ For more information please see the attached leaflet which is called Mental Health and Wellbeing During Covid-19, this leaflet has lots of tips and contact details for support and guidance.
Remember that it is ok to talk.